- Civil Society, NGO, Basic Education, Education Policy and Planning, Community Participation
- Doctor of Philosophy, Kobe University (March 2011)
- Master of Arts, The George Washington University (May 2005)
- Bachelor of Laws (Political Science), Keio University (September 2002)
- Shanti Volunteer Association（March 2011- February 2014）
- Institute of Ethiopian Studies, Addis Ababa University (March-June 2009）
- Japan International Cooperation Center (JICE)（September–December 2007）
- Embassy of Japan in Ethiopia（June 2005-April 2007）
- World Bank（January–April 2005）
- UNICEF-Ethiopia（May–July 2004）
- World Learning (October 2003 – May 2004）
- Tonegawa, Y. (2013). Analysis of the Relationships between Local Development NGOs and the Communities in Ethiopia: The Case of the Basic Education Sub-Sector. Union Press: Japan.
- Tonegawa, Y. (2011). Analysis of the Relationships between Local Development NGOs and the Communities in Ethiopia: The Case of the Basic Education Sub-Sector. (Doctoral dissertation). Kobe University: Japan.
- Tonegawa, Y. (2005). Multiculturalism in Education: Comparison of Anglophone Africa and Francophone Africa. (Master’s thesis). George Washington University: USA.
- Comparative International Education Society
- Japan Society for International Development
- Japan Comparative Education Society
- Japan Association for African Studies
- Japan Association for Nilo-Ethiopian Studies
Academic Conference Presentation
- The 45th Annual Conference of Japan Comparative Education Society at Kobe University, Japan (June, 2010)
- The 54th Annual Conference of the Comparative and International Education Society, (Chicago, USA, March, 2010)
- The 20th Annual Conference of Japan Society for International Development (Japan, November, 2009)
- International Education Development Forum, The 6th Joint Seminar (Japan, October, 2009)
- The Second Japan Forum on Educational Research in Africa (Japan, October, 2008)
- The 43th Annual Conference of Japan Comparative Education Society (Japan, June, 2008)
- The first Japan Forum on Educational Research in Africa (Japan, April, 2008)
- The 18th Annual Conference of Japan Society for International Development (Japan, November, 2007)
- A Conference of Student Research: Washington Consortium for International Training, (Washington, D.C., February, 2004) Educational Symposium for Research and Innovations (Washington, D.C., February, 2005)
- Comparative and International Education: What’s New? The Washington Consortium for International & Comparative Education & Training, 2005 Student Research Conference (Washington, D.C., April, 2005)
- Japanese (Native), English (Fluent), SPSS, HP, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Message to Potential Candidates to Ogawa Seminar
Professor Ogawa is very supportive and flexible. I am sure that you can learn a lot in Ogawa seminar.