The 25th Japan Society for International Development (JASID) Annual Meeting was held at Chiba University in Japan from November 29 to 30, 2014. From Ogawa seminar, Prof. Keiichi Ogawa and...
The 14th International Conference on Education Research (ICER) was held at Seoul National University in South Korea from October 16th to the 18th, 2013. More than 130 presentations were delivered in this three-day conference.
From Prof. Keiichi Ogawa’s seminar (zemi), Professor Ogawa and seven graduate students, namely Ms. Yukari Goshima, Ms. Xiaoxiao Jia, Ms. Hiroko Matsuo, Mr. Ryosuke Matsuura, Ms. Natsumi Ohashi, Ms. Jungmi Park and Ms. Asuka Yasuoka, presented their research findings. Professor Ogawa presented in the “Special Session” on “Education in Global Development Cooperation: Cases from Africa and Southeast Asia”.
Presentation titles (alphabetical order by last names) from the conference are as follows:
- Goshima. Y. “An Analysis of Teacher Characteristics and Pupil’s Learning Achievement: A Case of Primary Education in Malawi”
- Jia, X. “An Analysis of the Effects of Teacher Education on Pupil Achievement in Uganda: Focusing on the Primary Level”
- Matsuo, H. “Key issues in Moroccan Education: Focusing on the Quality of Education”
- Matsuura, R., “A Comparison of the Contribution of Formal and Non-formal Education to the Development of Pupil’s Non-Cognitive Skills: A Case Study of Uganda”
- Ohashi, N. “Impacts of Education for Girls and Women in Palestine: A Case study of the West Bank”
- Ogawa, K. “Assessment of Access and Quality of Higher Education in Lao PDR”
- Park, J. “Examining the Gender Gap in Malawi Secondary Education”
- Yasuoka, A. “An Analysis of Improvements to Secondary Education in Uganda”
Professor Ogawa always encourages us to present in national and international conferences, and it was the first experience for some of his students to conduct a presentation at the international setting. The students were able to receive valuable comments from the floor.
The 14 International Conference on Education Research (Future Education Design for All)